Asset Management Consultant
JOB TITLE: Asset Management Consultant
REPORTING TO: Principal Asset Management Consultant
Years of experience: 3+ in a relevant area
Qualifications: Undergraduate Degree in relevant area
A senior asset manager working within the asset management team at Aqua Consultants. The role will be working with internal and external teams to provide and implement asset management guidance and best practices. This may include collaborating or leading on smaller one-off pieces of work or larger projects over an extended period of time.
The candidate will be:
- Degree qualified and ideally working towards chartership in a relevant discipline.
- Have good interpersonal skills being able to communicate effectively with internal and external teams to ensure understanding on areas of varying complexity.
- Able to work effectively remotely as part of a wider remote team.
- Familiar with, and ideally have experience of, the regulatory price review process for energy and water companies (RIIO, PR19, PR24 etc).
- Be self-motivated and able to adapt and learn quickly, applying new skills in an efficient way.
What this role requires:
Asset management covers a wide range of activities, with the focus always being the ability to provide our clients with efficient and effective approaches to managing their asset base. The following are therefore examples of the type of skills and qualities we need you to have or be working towards:
- Previous experience working within an asset management department, ideally within a regulated utility industry.
- A technical/engineering background and the ability to apply engineering principles to various types of assets.
- Demonstrable experience of involvement with price control reviews, ideally both preparing for and implementing the outcomes of.
- Computer-literate and able to work effectively with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes particularly Excel.
- Familiar with asset management principles / ISO standards and their application.
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- Able to understand the wider business objectives and requirements and how the needs of individual departments contribute towards this.
- Capable of taking an independent, evidence based view of various data sources to make justifiable recommendations that will stand up to business scrutiny.
- Personable and able to build professional long-term relationships with clients and team members.
- A good communicator in various formats including verbal, written reports, emails, presentations etc.
- Desire to improve company processes to facilitate making informed short, medium and long term business decisions.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to defined deadlines and budgets.
- Willing to take on new challenges and develop personally and professionally by working alongside clients in a wide range of industries.
Examples of work types:
- Undertake Root cause analysis to allow informed decisions to be made on the best approach to addressing issues.
- Review and/or define business strategies for asset intervention to consistently manage asset groups in an efficient way.
- Take a wholistic view of an asset including operating history, condition, maintenance etc to understand where it is in its asset life.
- Challenge and review investment decisions to ensure they are consistent and based on robust engineering and economic principles.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and or quality of stages within the investment process to allow robust and effective investment choices.
- Understand factors that may contribute to an assets deterioration to be able to prioritise intervention and forecast how an asset is likely to operate in the future.
- Balance competing business priorities to make informed investments that add the most value for the company.
- Technical report writing to communicate and document important findings of a project.
- Run workshops / meetings with clients to obtain key information necessary to make informed decisions on a project.