Civil Engineer – All Grades (Graduate / Principal / Senior)
We are currently seeking to recruit for Civil Engineers of all grades (Graduate / Principal / Senior) to join us here at Aqua Consultants where you will report to our Director of Engineering.
JOB TITLE: Civil Engineer – All Grades (Graduate / Principal / Senior)
What we do:
Aqua Consultants are a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of Asset Management, Engineering and Commercial services to our clients across the water, energy and environment sectors, across the UK.
Who we are:
Aqua is established on a solid foundation of diversity – diversity of skills, cultures, personalities, perspectives and experiences. It is this diversity that unifies our team and enables us to offer holistic and innovative solutions to our clients most pressing needs.
The ‘Aqua’ culture is a set of values, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviours that creates a family-like environment within our workplace, something we call the ‘Aqua Family.’
We are an ambitious team who live our values of Growth, Accountability, Integrity Innovation, Empathy and Fun.
Our Vision – Growth through SHARED CAPABILITY
Our Mission – Growing sustainable value for future generations
A number of exciting opportunities have arisen for ambitious individuals to join a highly entrepreneurial engineering consultancy business. We are looking to recruit applicants at all levels: graduate, assistant, and intermediate Civil Engineers.
Supporting senior members of the team in the delivery of key frameworks and projects. Liaison with clients, contractors and third-party stakeholders on a daily basis ensuring the most effective solutions and recommendations are provided to the Client.
We have offices located in Bradford, Exeter, and South Wales, at present, rolls are flexible, involving a mixture of remote and office-based working and the ideal candidate will be able to visit one of our offices on a regular basis.
- Ensuring successful delivery of assigned projects to agreed time, quality and cost parameters.
- Complying with IMS requirements for assigned commissions including project audits, project governance and corrective actions.
- Managing key client projects, coordinating technical resource, and developing scope requirements for those projects assigned.
- The design and documentation of civil and structural components of the projects, including but not limited to, utility networks, buildings, civil infrastructure and water treatment structures.
- Provide design and construction documentation as required by the project, including conducting site surveys and inspections.
- Carryout client liaison and coordination, including reporting of progress
- Project management of the tasks and deliverables required as part of the design packages.
- Conduct technical inspections of structures, formations and other civil / structural elements as required.
- Assist project managers and site staff in evaluating 3rd party designs and construction methods.
- Development and promotion of environmental best practice
- Attendance at stakeholder meetings & site visits
- Attend design Workshops
- Desire and ability to work independently when needed
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Accredited degree in Civil Engineering
- Water industry knowledge
- Proven team player
- Good project management skills including organisational and diligent skills.
- Full UK driving licence as extensive travel throughout the UK will be required.
- Full UK permit for work or residency.
- Further education or second degree in a construction / engineering related discipline would be beneficial
- Membership of ICE would be beneficial
- Strong IT literacy including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and any other specialist computer packages (AutoCAD, Workspace, CRM’s etc).
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Positive mindset with a can-do attitude
- Good communication, report writing and interpersonal skills.
What we would like to offer you:
- Competitive salary + discretionary bonus
- 24 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to purchase additional leave
- Pension scheme (6% employer, 4% employee)
- Company mobile phone and laptop provided
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Professional Membership fees paid
- Life Assurance Scheme 4x annual salary
- Electric car scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support)
- Refer a friend scheme