Graduate Quantity Surveyor
seeking engineering post-grad
Level: Graduate Member RICS
Years of experience: 1+
Senior Quantity Surveyor
The role will be based in Aqua Consultants’ Offices, supporting senior quantity surveyors in the delivery of key frameworks and key projects. It will involve liaising with both clients and contractors on a daily basis, to enable effective management of the projects. The key duties will be as follows:
- Feasibility Estimates
- Assessment of interim valuations
- Project Cashflow forecasting
- Contract Cashflow forecasting
- Assessment of Early Warning / Compensation / Variations etc
- Contract Administration
- Chair/ attend site meetings
- Attend design Workshops
- Final accounting
- Production of Tender Documentation
- Tender Assessment
- Product of Contract Documentation
The Graduate QS will be expected to be a self-starter in relation to day-to-day tasks, however there is no authority to agree or otherwise progress any compensation events or other commercially driven decisions without the approval and support of their line manager/direct line report.
It is not envisaged the those engaged as Graduate QS will be expected to delegate elements of their role, however, to ensure a supportive and collaborative working environment the necessary support will be given if at any point the candidate is given larger volumes of work beyond what is reasonable (either by the Client or wider team).
- It is expected that the candidate will liaise with Clients and Contractors on a daily basis to ensure the timely communication and collation of information.
- Where appropriate, the need may arise to interface with third party stakeholders; in which case it should be remembered that the Candidate is an ambassador for the Aqua brand and shall be professional in all conduct.
- Regular contact with all internal staff is expected with a focus on open communication.