Principal Waste Water Process Engineer
Aqua Consultants are a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of Asset Management, Engineering and Commercial services to our clients across the water, energy and environment sectors, across the UK.
Who we are:
Aqua is established on a solid foundation of diversity – diversity of skills, cultures, personalities, perspectives and experiences. It is this diversity that unifies our team and enables us to offer holistic and innovative solutions to our clients most pressing needs.
The ‘Aqua’ culture is a set of values, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviours that creates a family-like environment within our workplace, something we call the ‘Aqua Family.’
We are an ambitious team who live our values of Growth, Accountability, Integrity Innovation, Empathy and Fun.
Our Vision – Growth through SHARED CAPABILITY
Our Mission – Growing sustainable value for future generations.
We are currently seeking to recruit for a Principal Wastewater Process Engineer to join us here at Aqua Consultants where you will report to our Technical Director of Process Engineering.
Level: Chartered (IChemE/CIWEM)
Years of experience: 15+
The role will be dealing directly with both internal and external clients across water, wastewater, bio resources and occasionally industrial sectors.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Degree qualified and a Chartered Engineer, you will have the right blend of people skills, personal qualities and technical expertise to bring our solutions and projects to life. You will be positive and enthusiastic, a confident communicator at all levels, and a team player.
- Experienced in wastewater treatment.
- Flexibility to work at other locations in the U as required
- You will encourage and motivate those around you to work to your own high standards of quality and compliance. You will be driven to stretch yourself and work outside of your comfort zone when the need arises.
What this role requires:
The engineering services we offer to our clients require us to be able to deliver in an agile way. The following are therefore examples of the type of skills and qualities we need you to have or be working towards:
- Educated to degree level with a chemical / process engineering bias; Chartered Member of a recognised professional institution (e.g IChemE, CIWEM)
- Computer-literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes particularly Excel.
- Extensive feasibility and design experience of water and wastewater projects using a variety of processes.
- Ability to provide a customer-focussed service with an understanding of the water sector regulatory framework and strategic business planning.
- Understanding of wastewater treatment technologies; an interest in developing and/or exploiting new and emerging technologies and techniques.
-Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- A well-developed understanding of the design process.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge base.
- Able to produce time and cost estimates for completion of commissions.
- Cost focussed, considering CAPEX and OPEX implications of design decisions at all stages of a project.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-motivated, with a positive outlook and approachable manner.
- A “can do” attitude, willing to work through problems and make decisions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to be flexible and to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Flexible and able to work within the rest of the UK as work demands and if necessary.
Examples of work types
- Site surveys and assessments of capacity of the plant to meet future demands.
- Feasibility, outline and detailed process design, including mass, heat and energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations, plant and equipment specifications and carbon calculations.
- Working with and developing digital design tools such as water quality analysis, unit process sizing, process performance metrics and other automated design tools.
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Liaison with clients within the UK.
- Support and/or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans.
- Understanding of HAZOP, CDM, British and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance.
- Lead HAZOP and Hazard studies
- Development of standard and bespoke design solutions for the water industry and beyond.
- Meet and exceed quality, programme, budgetary and H&S requirements on projects.
- Preparing technical papers and presentations for conferences, colleagues and clients.
- Support junior process engineers in their development towards chartered status.
- Check and review of calculations and reports prepared by others.
If you feel you have the skills, personality, and experience, please apply today!
Why Aqua Consultants?
We are a fast-growing organisation with highly experienced staff at the heart of everything we do. We offer more than just a day job – Aqua offers very competitive salaries and a great working environment. You’ll be able to input into the development and growth of our business whilst we help you progress in your career.
If you’re interested in finding out more then we want to hear from you.
What we would like to offer you:
• Competitive salary + discretionary bonus.
• 24 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to purchase additional leave.
• Pension scheme (6% employer, 4% employee).
• Company mobile phone and laptop provided.
• Training and career progression opportunities.
• Professional Membership fees paid.
• Life Assurance Scheme.
• Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support).
• Refer a friend scheme.