Senior Asset Management Consultant
We are currently seeking to recruit for a Senior Asset Management Consultant to join us here at Aqua Consultants.
JOB TITLE: Senior Asset Management Consultant
REPORTING TO: Principal Asset Management Consultant
What we do:
Aqua Consultants are a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of Asset Management, Engineering and Commercial services to our clients across the water, energy and environment sectors, across the UK.
Who we are:
Aqua is established on a solid foundation of diversity – diversity of skills, cultures, personalities, perspectives and experiences. It is this diversity that unifies our team and enables us to offer holistic and innovative solutions to our clients most pressing needs.
The ‘Aqua’ culture is a set of values, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviours that creates a family-like environment within our workplace, something we call the ‘Aqua Family.’
We are an ambitious team who live our values of Growth, Accountability, Integrity Innovation, Empathy and Fun.
Our Vision – Growth through SHARED CAPABILITY
Our Mission – Growing sustainable value for future generations
Level: Senior Consultant
Years of experience: 5+ in a relevant area
Qualifications: Undergraduate Degree in relevant area
A senior asset manager working within the asset management team at Aqua Consultants. The role will be working with internal and external teams to provide and implement asset management guidance and best practices. This may include collaborating or leading on smaller one-off pieces of work or larger projects over an extended period of time.
The candidate will be:
- Degree qualified and ideally working towards chartership in a relevant discipline.
- Have good interpersonal skills being able to communicate effectively with internal and external teams to ensure understanding on areas of varying complexity.
- Able to work effectively remotely as part of a wider remote team.
- Experience of regulatory price review process for energy and/or water companies (RIIO, PR19, PR24 etc).
- Be self-motivated and able to adapt and learn quickly, applying new skills in an efficient way.
- Experienced across a variety of asset management activity.
- Able to apply asset management knowledge and experience across different sectors.
- IAM certificate qualified (preferred) and have a working understand of ISO 55001.
- Able to support and mentor junior team members.
What this role requires:
Asset management covers a wide range of activities, with the focus always being the ability to provide our clients with efficient and effective approaches to managing their asset base. The following are therefore examples of the type of skills and qualities we need you to have or be working towards:
- Previous experience working within an asset management department, ideally within a regulated utility industry.
- A technical/engineering background and the ability to apply engineering principles to various types of assets.
- Demonstrable experience of involvement with price control reviews, ideally both preparing for and implementing the outcomes of.
- Computer-literate and able to work effectively with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes particularly Excel.
- Familiar with asset management principles / ISO standards and their application.
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- Able to understand the wider business objectives and requirements and how the needs of individual departments contribute towards this.
- Capable of taking an independent, evidence based view of various data sources to make justifiable recommendations that will stand up to business scrutiny.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to present complex information
- Personable and able to build professional long term relationships with clients and team members.
- A good communicator in various formats including verbal, written reports, emails, presentations etc.
- Desire to improve company processes to facilitate making informed short, medium and long term business decisions.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to defined deadlines and budgets.
- Willing to take on new challenges and develop personally and professionally by working alongside clients in a wide range of industries.
Examples of work types:
- Undertake Root cause analysis to allow informed decisions to be made on the best approach to addressing issues.
- Review and/or define business strategies for asset intervention in order to consistently manage asset groups in an efficient way.
- Take a holistic view of an asset including operating history, condition, maintenance etc to understand where it is in its asset life.
- Challenge and review investment decisions to ensure they are consistent and based on robust engineering principles.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and or quality of stages within the investment process in order to allow robust and effective investment choices.
- Understand factors that may contribute to an assets deterioration so as to be able to prioritise intervention and forecast how an asset is likely to operate in the future.
- Balance competing business priorities in order to make informed investments that add the most value for the company.
- Technical report writing to communicate and document important findings of a project.
- Run workshops / meetings with clients in order to obtain key information necessary to make informed decisions on a project.
What we would like to offer you:
- Competitive salary + discretionary bonus
- 24 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to purchase additional leave
- Pension scheme (6% employer, 4% employee)
- Company mobile phone and laptop provided
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Professional Membership fees paid
- Life Assurance Scheme 4x annual salary
- Electric car scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support)
- Refer a friend scheme