Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
We are currently seeking to recruit for a Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer to join us here at Aqua Consultants. This would be a full-time, permanent position.
What we do:
Aqua Consultants are a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of Asset Management, Engineering and Commercial services to our clients across the water, energy and environment sectors, across the UK.
Who we are:
Aqua is established on a solid foundation of diversity – diversity of skills, cultures, personalities, perspectives and experiences. It is this diversity that unifies our team and enables us to offer holistic and innovative solutions to our clients most pressing needs.
The ‘Aqua’ culture is a set of values, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviours that creates a family-like environment within our workplace, something we call the ‘Aqua Family.’
We are an ambitious team who live our values of Growth, Accountability, Integrity Innovation, Empathy and Fun.
Our Vision – Growth through SHARED CAPABILITY
Our Mission – Growing sustainable value for future generations
Aqua is also part of the Adler and Allan Group, allowing us to utilise and share capability amongst over 1000 employees within the UK.
What we would like to offer you:
- Competitive salary + discretionary bonus
- 24 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to purchase additional leave
- Pension scheme (6% employer, 4% employee)
- Company mobile phone and laptop provided
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Professional Membership fees paid
- Life Assurance Scheme 4 x annual salary
- Electric Car Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support)
- Medicash cash plan (Money back on everyday healthcare costs such as dental, glasses, contact lenses)
- Refer a friend scheme
Location(s): We operate a hybrid working model with the opportunity to work from our offices in Bradford, Leeds, Birmingham and Exeter. The role can be based at any of our offices combined with working from client locations and home.
Sector: Predominantly working within the Water industry but may cover wider utilities, infrastructure and industrial clients.
Qualifications: Degree qualified within Mechanical Engineering.
Contract Type: Permanent, full time.
Skills and experience:
- Water Industry or wider utilities experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of water and sewage treatment processes and associated equipment/systems.
- Knowledge of or participation in HAZOPS, SWIFTS, design reviews etc.
- Understanding of DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, British and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory, and non-regulatory provisions and guidance.
- Commercial awareness of clients and factors that affect the project and impacts on Aqua Consultants.
- Leading and coordinating multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience of projects from feasibility to outline and detailed design.
- Production of calculations e.g., hydraulic pump calculations, screens etc.
- Production of schedules, documents, reports, drawings, datasheets etc.
- Degree qualified within mechanical engineering.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership.
- Onsite experience would be preferable.
- CAD skills would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of WIMES and other industry standards
*Please note this is not an exhaustive list but gives an idea of the work to be undertaken*
This is a consultant role and it is likely the post holder will be seconded into one of Aqua’s clients on a part time or full time basis on an occasional or permanent basis.
Key responsibilities include;
- Willing to lead and/or contribute on feasibility, outline and detailed design projects.
- Tendering and developing fee bids.
- Feasibility, outline, and detailed mechanical design, including P&IDs, hydraulic de-sign, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations, plant and equipment specifications and carbon calculations.
- Design management and coordination of multi-discipline projects.
- Leading/conducting site visits as and when required.
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Participation in Hazard Studies including HAZOP, Access, Lifting and Maintenance.
- Considering CAPEX and OPEX implications of design decisions at all stages of a project.
- Production of general arrangement drawings and detail mechanical design drawings.
- Liaising with and supporting internal stakeholders, clients and suppliers.
- Support junior engineers with development and potential mentoring.
- Production of required deliverables to time, cost and quality.
- Providing technical guidance and solutions on projects and assisting other engineers.
- Developing and delivering innovative solutions for clients.
- Checking and reviewing of documents.
- Assisting with developing smarter ways of working through new tools, techniques etc.
- Maintaining personal development and CPD.
- Supporting the Aqua family Mission 25 goals for future growth of the company.
Why Aqua Consultants?
We are a fast growing organisation with highly experienced staff at the heart of everything we do. We offer more than just a day job – Aqua offers very competitive salaries and a great working environment. You’ll be able to input into the development and growth of our business whilst we help you progress in your career.
If you feel you have the skills, personality, and experience, please apply today!